import failed - the data is located too far ?

02-08-2016 05:33 AM
LahmerBelkacem
New Contributor II

Hi all !

I have a problem with importing DEM file and osm file together in the same project , i have a DEM file and osm file geolocated perfectly , but when i want to import theme into CityEngine projet i get this error

but the files are imported correctly in arcmap , so what's the problem? and how i can fix it ??

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is that the error after you brought it into an empty scene as suggested by the warning?

LahmerBelkacem
New Contributor II

YES

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

When you say that they were imported correctly into arcmap doesn't mean much since the first layer determines the coordinate system of the data frame...the second file may have a different defined coordinate system and it is projected on the fly to the first file's coordinate system.  It sounds like both files may have defined coordinate systems but you will have to ensure that this is the case.  You can look at each file's properties, but that doesn't mean much if one is defined wrong.  The only way you can determine for sure, is to examine the extents of the files and/or put each one into a separate data frame and look at the extents there.  Once the files are confirmed to be in the same coordinate system, then you should have no problem adding the data...unless the coordinate system isn't supported by CE... You got a warning, not an error which leads me to suspect that things are not as you suspect

LahmerBelkacem
New Contributor II

I try to put every file in seperate data frame and they are both have the same oordinate system, i will provide the files and check , maybe i am make mistake

http://www.filedropper.com/newfolder_104

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

don't have it, and don't want to install the app.  Just a listing of the extent values for both files will show whether they overlap each other and/or whether they overlap the extent you want to work in.

0 Kudos
LahmerBelkacem
New Contributor II

Thanks

0 Kudos