Publications on Spatial Framework for Hadoop?

03-10-2016 02:00 AM
MatejKrejci1
New Contributor

Hi there, I would like to find some article, publication about ESRI Spatial Framework for Hadoop. Does anyone know about something? I am interesting to the architecture of library, process workflow etc. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MatejKrejci1
New Contributor

Hi Abhishek,

thanks for that. For the beginning, this  stuff is sufficient. Finally, Sarah posted more what I am looking for. Matej

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Matej,

You may also be interested in the following, put out by the team:

Randall T. Whitman, Michael B. Park, Sarah M. Ambrose, and Erik G. Hoel. 2014. Spatial indexing and analytics on Hadoop. In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (SIGSPATIAL '14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 73-82. DOI=10.1145/2666310.2666387 http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2666310.2666387

We had a similar questions on the spatial framework repo : Framework Documentation · Issue #82 · Esri/spatial-framework-for-hadoop · GitHub  , so you may want to check if the poster has a public thesis somewhere. Other than that, the links that Abhishek Rathi​ posted, are a great place to start, with this being the first thing I would try out:
GIS Tools for Hadoop for Beginners · Esri/gis-tools-for-hadoop Wiki · GitHub

If you have any issues, please create an issue in the github repo, and we will help out ASAP.

MatejKrejci1
New Contributor

Hi Sarah,

thanks for useful link on git issue and article. Its exactly what I am looking for. Matej

0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

I would also recommend Mansour Raad's interesting blog posts about ESRI's Big Data tools and more generic Big Data problems and solutions:

Thunderhead Explorer