How to disable GeoEnrichment in Residential Comp Finder solution

03-21-2016 01:00 PM
KyleWikstrom
Occasional Contributor II

We have set up the Residential Comp Finder solution but we want to disable the ability to use GeoEnrichment. We have already disabled the ability to get community reports. Now, how can we change the configuration so that no reports can be downloaded and no enrichment information is shown when a property is searched and selected?

We want to disable the blue Download button as well as the use of GeoEnrichment info under the Neighborhood Information heading.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Kyle,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this - geoenrichment is a required feature of this application.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Roughly line 98 in \ResidentialCompFinder\js\config.js

EnableGeoEnrichmentService: false,
0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

To disable the download section you can comment out lines 4-13. This disables the creation of the divs. I have not tested this in a production environment, but seems to work in test. 

From js\library\widgets\siteLocator\geoEnrichment.js

_downloadDropDown: function (arrDwnloadDisplayFieldValue, node) {
 var outerDownloadDiv, selectDownloadList, innerDownloadDiv, innerDownloadLabel, selectedValue, sortContentDivDownload, i, selectForDownload, sortingDivDwnload, areaSortBuildingDownload = [];
 // create UI of download dropdown and element content of all tab
/* if (this.workflowCount === 2) {
 outerDownloadDiv = domConstruct.create("div", {
 "class": " esriCTouterDownloadDiv"
 }, node);
 }
 else {
 outerDownloadDiv = domConstruct.create("div", {
 "class": "esriCTouterDownloadDivAttachment"
 }, node);
 } */
0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Thanks Phil - we added this capability with a recent release.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

Hi Chris
Is there a property -as there is for the display of GeoEnrichment attributes- to disable the download options?

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Phil - sorry, I was referring to the geo enrichment service options.  I'll have to see if leaving the GP service parameter empty will disable the download option.  Did you try this by any chance?  We're also planning to upgrade this application to use a ArcGIS Web AppBuilder widget, so you may want to wait for that solution.  The NearMe widget will be updated in Dec. to include filtering options.

Chris

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1

I didn't try to leave the GP service parameter empty. Thanks for the info regarding WAB. I'll be watching for that.

Since I have your attention, I'm curious if the team would reconsider limiting the extent of the feature query to the map extent. (See Lindsay's mention here: https://github.com/Esri/site-selector/issues/225#issue-178725345). This requires that the map be saved to the extent of the data. Users are then required to wait for the data to load.

You might, as an alternative, consider handling the situation where the feature layer is not visible in the map. When I have turned off the layer in the map, the app does not show graphics.

Just some ideas. Thanks for the app.

0 Kudos