Help showing Comments/Gallery Pod in Park Locator

04-08-2016 01:08 PM
Labels (1)
BobbyKimball
New Contributor

I downloaded and configured the Park Locator solution (http://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/park-locator/) from the ArcGIS for Local government site. I must be missing a couple steps.  I would like to enable a user to post a comment about a park facility and to display an image in the info/results pods as shown on the Try It now web example. 

• I have added global ID’s on the Park Comments table that is referenced to the Parks Feature class. 
  • I have also granted insert access to the user that is connected to the park comments table.
  • The same user has select access on the park feature class.
  • In the config.js file both the gallery pod and comments pod are enabled.
  • The Web Map, Web Mapping Application, and the Map Image Layer are shared to everyone. 
  • Neither table has data in them. 

I’m sure I missed some details and would be appreciative for any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PatrickForrest1
New Contributor

I'm having trouble with this app as well.  The pop-ups for my trails layer are showing when selected, but the pop-ups for the park points are not showing when selected.

Have you come across anything like this?  All pop-ups are enabled and configured in the hosted web map on ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Patrick Forrest‌ This sounds like it is likely a configuration issue. Could you contact Support? They will be able to help you troubleshoot this issue. Feel free to post the solution here to help others, but somethings are just easier to sort out with a conversation rather than dozens of messages back and forth

My guess is that Bobby Kimball‌ 's original issue was using a Global ID field rather than GUID field on the comment table, but it is unlikely that that would cause the issue you are seeing.

More info on global identifier fields

0 Kudos