ArgGIS license administrator 10.4 stopped working after windows 10 restart

04-18-2016 05:21 AM
NetaWechsler
New Contributor

I opened the license administrator and tried pressing "start" a couple of times, but nothing happened. Tried deauthorizing-reauthorizing, and while the licenses are recognized, still couldn't start the license server.

Thing is, the license server worked just fine prior to the restart, which apparently windows 10 does without asking you... Annoying.

The license is for concurrent use.

Any advice?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe try rebooting the server that the License Manager is installed on.

0 Kudos
NetaWechsler
New Contributor

That's what caused the problem in the first place... I tried killing and restarting lmgrd, which seems to be the cause of the problem. There are other license servers running on this machine that also using flexLM, such as landmark and Schumberger licensing. Could there be some sort of conflict between them?

0 Kudos
NetaWechsler
New Contributor

Here's the problem:

13:36:25 (lmgrd) Failed to open the TCP port number in the license.

Now how do I solve it?

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You may be having an issue with the firewall settings -- or a conflict with port numbers used by the other license managers.  You can control which port is used by the Esri license server by using keywords in the license file - this is described in the ArcGIS Desktop help.

Configure ArcGIS License Manager to work through a firewall—License Manager Guide | ArcGIS for Deskt...