Address locator not an option in Maps for Office

04-19-2016 11:04 AM
AliciaNewberry
New Contributor III

I'm trying to test out using ESRI's Maps for Office to verify resident addresses, but I've hit a very big roadblock - geocoding by address isn't an option! I've tried using multiple spreadsheets with street address data parsed out in multiple ways (all in one column, broken out by street address, city, state, zip, etc.) but the add-in won't give me the option to map them. When I attempt to, the option just isn't there - not even Esri's world geocoder.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? I am using the newest version of the add-in (4.0) and 32 bit Office 2010 on a Windows 7 machine.I  tried uninstalling/reinstalling but no change. I haven't used previous versions of the add-in before, so I don't know if this behavior is unique to the 4.0 release or not. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

MapsForOffice_NoAddressOption.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulDavidson1
Occasional Contributor III

Alicia:

Been awhile since I played with Maps for Office but I last time I did, I had no problem geocoding off of addresses.  I was hooked into AGOL and I notice the one difference is that my data had City and State called out in separate columns (Address, CIty, State.)  At least that's what I see in the last map I created.