2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2011 12:47 PM by briandr

arcgis server 9.3.1 to 10 localhost issues

briandr
      Recently uninstalled ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 and installed 10, everything went smoothly.

Then I went to "Add ArcGIS Server" and added localhost as a local server, it asked me to add a host machine so I added my machine.
      "Machine spartanburg is not a valid server container. Error: (-8002) The ArcGISServer license is for an earlier version of the software." is the error i get when I click "Ok"

I have tried to find this error on Google and the ESRI site without any luck.

After getting the error i cancel out of the window where you add the host machine and it appears to have added the server anyways. when i open it up in arccatalog all of my old services are still there but they are all not running.

I dont need them to be there, i was hoping since i uninstalled the previous version the new one would start fresh.

What i need to know is how to clean out the old information so i can use localhost for the version 10 server.

Sorry for the long winded post, wanted to make sure all the information on the problem was available.

BTW machine is Windows 7 Pro 32bit

Thanks
      Brian