Error message configuring Information Lookup App in ArcGIS Online

04-27-2016 04:09 AM
RubenLelivelt1
New Contributor

I am configuring the Information Lookup App in ArcGIS Online. I added various webmaps from ArcGIS Online, but when I choose a Web Map from ArcGIS Online I often receive these two error messages:

www.arcgis.com says:

Layer is not in the webmap:csv_9252_0

and subsequently:

www.arcgis.com says:

Layer is not in the webmap:featColl_2997_0

What does this error message mean?

Error1.JPGError2.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ruben,

Have you configured which layers can be queried by the user, under the Lookup Layers parameter? There should be a check box to select the layers in your web map.

Configure Information Lookup - Information Lookup | ArcGIS Solutions

If you are still experiencing issues after checking that parameter, can you share your application and web map?

-Kelly

RubenLelivelt1
New Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Thanks, I actually found this out yesterday with the help of a colleague..

Although the solution can be found here: Configure Information Lookup - Information Lookup | ArcGIS Solutions​ we both struggled initially to find these check boxes as you need to scroll down. We had a customer experiencing the same problem, so there may be more experiencing the same issue.

My colleague did not receive the same error messages, as she did not select the map and then selected 'view and save'. I did, just to see if the map loaded OK, and then I was distracted by these error messages. I did not understand them and I thought there was something wrong with the map I used.

Our suggestions:

- Would it be possible to have the check box(es) at the top of the page, or at least somewhere where they cannot be missed?

- Could the content of the error messages be improved, being more informative?

0 Kudos