Is there any way to restore my default 'geoprocessing environment' settings?

Jump to solution
05-01-2016 11:48 PM
NasirHameed
New Contributor III

I am intending to restore my default 'geoprocessing>environment' settings automatically, how would I do this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, applying these tools in the Python window apply there and do not necessarily propagate to the entire ArcMap session. I've always found this frustrating. Starting a new map document is the only "automated" way I know how to do this. Perhaps a Python add-in would do the trick, but I have not tried this.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Resetting Environment using ArcPy

The ResetEnvironments function can be used to restore the default environment values, or the ClearEnvironmentfunction can be used to reset a specific environment.

import arcpy
# Reset geoprocessing environment settings
arcpy.ResetEnvironments()
# Reset a specific environment setting
arcpy.ClearEnvironment("workspace")

Using environment settings in Python—Geoprocessing and Python | ArcGIS for Desktop

Think Location
NasirHameed
New Contributor III

Jayanta Poddar​ Thank you for the help, I had paste this function in Python Window and rechecked my Environment settings, it didn't seems to be working.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have attached a python script.

Right-click the file > Edit with IDLE

Run > Run Module (F5)

Think Location
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, applying these tools in the Python window apply there and do not necessarily propagate to the entire ArcMap session. I've always found this frustrating. Starting a new map document is the only "automated" way I know how to do this. Perhaps a Python add-in would do the trick, but I have not tried this.

AbdullahAnter
Occasional Contributor III

Open a New MXD (New Map Document).

the environment' settings restore automatically in new mxd.

you can copy your layers and paste it in new mxd.

NasirHameed
New Contributor III

Jayanta Poddar​, I have strictly followed the instructions to execute the expression you have provided but It didn't changed the settings automatically. I am not sure what went wrong. I am using ArcGIS 10.3 installed on C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS. However, I am thankful for the anticipation and your time.

0 Kudos