Cluster and Outlier Analysis or Hot Spot Analysis for Tree Risk Assessment

05-02-2016 08:47 PM
terryterry
New Contributor

I would like to ask which clustering analysis is suitable to analyse the spatial pattern of tree risk assessment regarding Cluster and Outlier Analysis or Hot Spot Analysis for Tree Risk Assessment..

There are  numbers of 5425 tree point data and they are located on slopes.  Those trees have its tree risk level which calculated by myself.  The tree risk levels are divided into 3 levels and the seriousness is in ascending order.

I would like to apply clustering analysis to analyse the spatial distribution pattern of tree risk in the defined area.  The purpose of it is to help Landscape Architect to identify the highest tree risk level and perform precaution measures especially in typhoon seasons. 

For my difficulties, I am not sure which analysis is the most suitable for this analysis purpose and the data correctness for this analysis.

Therefore, I would be grateful some experienced GIS users could help me.   Thanks!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

perhaps inclusion of a map of the distribution would help and how your classification into risk was determined to nake some sense of how any clustering can be interpreted.  Lots of view, no comments, so some elaboration is needed I suspect.

0 Kudos