Is it possible to permanently share the Survey 123 application with a group in ArcGIS Online?

05-04-2016 06:38 AM
RossScott
New Contributor II

I am having quite a few issues deploying surveys to our field staff for testing.  Every time I make any change to the application, it creates a new feature service and I have to go in to ArcGIS Online to share it with the different groups again and again. Is there a workaround for this or a way to permanently share the survey with the groups that are testing?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chelsea Krause​, thanks a lot for your feedback.  With the latest update to Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS, your feature service will not be deleted and re-created again unless absolutely necessary. Check this help topic to understand when your feature service will be re-created: Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS (Beta) | ArcGIS

To download the latest version of Connect, go to this page: Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

I double checked and made sure that with this new version (1.4) the sharing of your feature service and Survey will remain untouched when you publish again your Survey. The only exception is when you make changes in your Survey that force the feature service to be re-created. You will get a warning in these cases.  Remember to reset the sharing when that happens.

The