AppStudio and drop down menus?

05-05-2016 03:18 PM
BenBloodworth
New Contributor

I am trying to develop an App to collect point data for biocontrol agents (insects). I used the AppStudio  Quick Report template to begin the process, but when I tried to relate it to a feature service that utilizes drop down menus with coded values, it jacked the template up and I lost all fields for reporting. I spoke with esri support at length and they determined that i would need an AppStudio Standard license to make this work. I subsequently read an answer that 'subtypes' might seamlessly work with AppStudio to provide a drop down menu option, but my data are string, which do not work with subtypes. Anyway, any thoughts on how I can work with the provided template and somehow using Qt Creator or something add drop down capabilities? I am not a programmer and know just enough to be dangerous, so any help would be much appreciated. I have inserted a screen shot of a sample of the workspace domains I created that function fine as drop down selections in ArcGIS Online, but do not translate at all into the AppStudio template...

Domain_Screenshot.jpg

Thanks,

ben

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BenBloodworth
New Contributor

Oh, as a follow-up, I did purchase AppStudio for ArcGIS Standard, so have full functionality...

0 Kudos
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

Any chance you can share your feature service for me to test? Also if you can use share a screen shot of what you are looking for it would help.

I tried these two feature service and I can see sub-types and coded value domains.

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/SF311/FeatureServer/0

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Military/FeatureServer/2

0 Kudos
BenBloodworth
New Contributor

Sure. Sorry, what is the easiest way to do that without making it public

right now?

Ben Bloodworth

Program Coordinator

bbloodworth@tamariskcoalition.org

www.tamariskcoalition.org

0 Kudos
SathyaPrasad
Esri Contributor

I will send you an email with instructions.

0 Kudos
SyahirS
New Contributor

can you teach me on how to create sub-types and coded value domains for ArcGIS AppsStudio ?

I'm using File Geodatabase

syahirsamsuddin90@gmail.com

0 Kudos
nakulmanocha
Esri Regular Contributor

ArcGIS Help 10.1 

The above link provides the methodology to create subtypes and domains using ArcGIS desktop for any geodatabase. 

-Nakul

0 Kudos