Cannot Access Geo Event Manager 10.3.1

05-10-2016 10:28 PM
BrianLocke
Occasional Contributor II

Attempting to pull up GeoEvent Manager getting just a title banner and getting error 'dojo.js:15 TypeError: Cannot read property 'owningSystemUrl' of null(…) "TypeError: Cannot read property 'owningSystemUrl' of null'.  In console.  Please see the attachment. 

Have attempted a repair, reset the service(both AGS and GEP) have tried different browsers, cleared cache ....

have pulled up the geoevent/admin and am getting the 'Failed to get URL for token generation. Contact the administrator to correct the problem.' Have attempted to hand pass in the proper credentials and receiving a 204 and refuses to send a response???

any thoughts??

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JustinPiwetz
New Contributor

I am getting the same error after an upgrade to 10.4.1 Geoevent Server

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

Did you ever resolve this?  I'm getting this error as well.....

0 Kudos
MuneerMajid
New Contributor II

I have been investigating this issue lately and realized that applying the proxy settings on the GeoEvent Manager was what caused this behavior. Interestingly, this problem also ties back to the Proxy Settings applied on the Portal Properties in case of Federated Servers.

As a temporary fix, I was able to remove the Portal Proxy settings, uninstall and re-install the GeoEvent and successfully pass through to the GE Manager. But the problem resurfaces as soon as you add the hostname on the Proxy Settings of the GE Manager. There also doesn't seem to be a way to go and edit these proxy settings some other way once the GE starts throwing this error.

If you go and look at the GE log files, you will see a lot of SSL handshake errors asking you to explicitly provide the GE a SSL Cert through the ArcGIS Server ADMIN, and this error message is irrelevant & misleading since GE hasn't followed that mechanism since Version 10.2. Anyone here any more insight or suggestions ?

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

So I recently had this issue as well after some upgrades, although I'm not using a proxy.  As far as I understand, Geoevent gets the SSL cert that Server is using on install.  From comparing the Geoevent ssl cert and the Server ssl cert, I saw they were different.  So I created a new self signed certificate in Server (I use self signed certs because my Web Adaptor has the CA signed cert), set Server to use the new self-signed cert, then reinstalled Geoevent and everything worked. 

0 Kudos
MuneerMajid
New Contributor II

In our case, we have verified that the GeoEvent grabs the SSL from Server and they are both the same. Since we are not using Self Signed Certs, this was one of the first things I verified. Also, if you remove the Certificate and clear up the ProgramData for GeoEvent, it again grabs the same certificate from Server. So Certificate being pushed over to GeoEvent from Server is not an issue in our case. ESRI Support have recommended the un-Federate > Reinstall GeoEvent > re-Federate workflow to get rid off the 'owningSystemURL' error and to have it talk to the Portal using the Proxy settings again. I can try reimporting Certificate into Server before Reinstalling GeoEvent to see if it helps at all in this case.

0 Kudos
IliaIvanov
New Contributor

Dear participants, good day

If anyone from here eventually have gotten the solution, please, share this. Our company is facing absolutely the same problem and our local Esri Representative has offered us pretty banal thing - reinstall all the Arcgis Software, what we find pretty time wasted and even if are going to do this, we would wish to be sure, that it is necessary. 

Any information will be very valuable. Thanks. 

Kind regards,

Ilia 

0 Kudos