The shape has been changed while publish a feature service using shapefiles

Jump to solution
05-18-2016 12:51 AM
LeoDeng
Occasional Contributor II

I got a route (polyline feature) return by network analysis. I publish the feature service using ArcGIS Online - add item. The url is https://services6.arcgis.com/3xMWKvHmHKRqJGse/arcgis/rest/services/Route12/FeatureServer/0

And I confused about the path difference between shapefile and graphics added on the map.

In the arcmap, the polyline has a path with 28 points, while the graphics layer return 3 paths and 20 points.

2016-05-18_15-36.png

2016-05-18_15-34.png

It seems that my data has been changed. but I can't figout the reason.

The attachment is my data(*.shp) and the scripts, please help me, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeoDeng

The problem is that the upload features has a topology error of  self-intersection. The arcgis online will auto repair the geometry. So the results geometry on the feature services may have multiple paths.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
LeoDeng

The same question appears while add the RouteResult.route to the feature layer. The polyline geometry also been changed. The results geometry of route only has one path, however the graphic stored has multiple paths. How to solve this problem?

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

during the upload what did you select for the generalization?

Capture.PNG

LeoDeng

Hi, ​Panagiotis:

Where is the "Add Layer from File"? I'm using the arcgis online and using "My Content" --> Add Item  --> From my computer.

0 Kudos
LeoDeng

I found it. It's at New map -> Add...

0 Kudos
LeoDeng

Using the arcgis online -> New Map -> Add layer from file then save. Finally, I got a published web mapservices. How to get the feature services using original features?

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

Save the Layer you have uploaded

Capture.PNG

see item details and Publish this item

Capture1.PNG

after that a hosted feature layer created and you can access the rest end point

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

LeoDeng

Hi, Panagiotis:

This solve the multiple paths question. However, the points of the paths is not equal each other. Is there any way to set the tolerence of the layer upload to the arcgis online?

0 Kudos
PanagiotisPapadopoulos
Esri Regular Contributor

I not sure about that. See from the Rest end point if any other properties are available.

0 Kudos
LeoDeng

The problem is that the upload features has a topology error of  self-intersection. The arcgis online will auto repair the geometry. So the results geometry on the feature services may have multiple paths.