Attribute Assistant - Potential Issues with Nearest and Intersect Methods

Jump to solution
05-19-2016 12:28 PM
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor

I have a point feature class where I want to pull attributes from nearby line and polygon feature classes. The issue I am experiencing when using any of the nearest and intersect methods (excluding geometric-specific methods) is source field(s) are getting populated with null values when target features are not found within the neighborhood search distance. Is this how these methods are supposed to work? The help page is very light on specifics.

Additionally, I am experiencing issues where a target feature is definitely within the neighborhood search distance, yet the source attribute is getting updated as null as if a target feature was not found.  Attached is a log for INTERSECT_STATS method to populate a point feature class with the minimum value from a nearby line. The source and target are in WGS84 which is why the search distance value is small. I've tried increasing it but it does not help.

I am using Desktop 10.3.1 and AA from the February 2016 build.

Thank you in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Intersecting feature has an option for SetNullIfNone

Attribute Assistant methods - Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions

as for your intersecting stat issue, it is a bug.  The search distance was not being used.  I resolved it and should make the next release(mid june)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Intersecting feature has an option for SetNullIfNone

Attribute Assistant methods - Attribute Assistant | ArcGIS Solutions

as for your intersecting stat issue, it is a bug.  The search distance was not being used.  I resolved it and should make the next release(mid june)