Associate Survey123 form record with a Workforce task record?

Jump to solution
05-19-2016 01:20 PM
EricIronside
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey!  I'm looking for a way to associate a Survey123 form record with a Workforce task record. The Workforce task gets me to the location where my form needs to be collected, and the Survey123 form collects the data at that location (e.g. an inspection).  Is there a way (good, bad, ugly) to associate the form record with the task record?  Ideally, there would be a way to calculate or pre-populate the task's ID into the form.

In the end, I need to determine if a form was collected at a task location or not.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Eric Ironside​, we are working as we speak on this. The thinking is that when you configure your Workforce project you will be able to map your WorkorderID into a question in your Survey. In this manner, your Survey would be automatically populated with it.  When authoring your Survey, you  will be able to choose if you want this field to be shown to the end user (if not you can use a hidden question), and if you want it to be read only (use readonly = true).  If everything goes according to plan, you will also be able to pick the Survey to be automatically opened in the Survey123 app. That is, as a Workforce project owner you will define what Survey will be triggered for all assignments in your project. Adding Craig Gillgrass​ to the thread too.

Hard to estimate when we will have this in place but if we cannot get this in June, we will aim at the immediate update after that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Eric Ironside​, we are working as we speak on this. The thinking is that when you configure your Workforce project you will be able to map your WorkorderID into a question in your Survey. In this manner, your Survey would be automatically populated with it.  When authoring your Survey, you  will be able to choose if you want this field to be shown to the end user (if not you can use a hidden question), and if you want it to be read only (use readonly = true).  If everything goes according to plan, you will also be able to pick the Survey to be automatically opened in the Survey123 app. That is, as a Workforce project owner you will define what Survey will be triggered for all assignments in your project. Adding Craig Gillgrass​ to the thread too.

Hard to estimate when we will have this in place but if we cannot get this in June, we will aim at the immediate update after that.