ArcGIS for Home Use now: Personal Use

05-20-2016 10:41 AM
AndrewZolnai
New Contributor III

Should you avail yourself of the 'full meal deal' for a Benjamin a year (non-commercial Desktop Advanced for $100/yr or your local distro's fee depending on tax regime), something changed this year that has just thrown me for a loop.

On your anniversary you pay your fee, you go to myEsri to verify your licenses, and you see this:

AG4PUlicense.png

Previous version(s) enumerate(s) Desktop Advanced and Extensions. Current version shows only Personal Use.

So you grab your authorisation code (AC), and in ArcGIS Administrator you go through the routine. snooze​

But wait! When it asks if you want to authorise Extensions too, what do you do? You have no AC, do you? gasp​

Relax... Just enter the one AC you do have, continue and decline twice ( ! ) the addition of Extensions holdubreath​

When you finished, go back to ArcGIS Administrator, and see that all your Extensions are magically added whew​

You see, the previously enumerated Desktop Advanced and Extensions appear under Personal Use as "Package":

AG4HUlicense.png

I guess they tried to simplify the licensing, but they just forgot to fix the UI for Personal Use installation lifegoeson​

You see my teens would've just pushed&poked on and installed it... only the senior in me would be stopped by such trivia!

Hope this helps you avoid tripping over this one enjoy​

3 Replies
AndrewZolnai
New Contributor III

(cannot edit posts doh​) By "On you anniversary you pay your" I meant "On your anniversary you pay your fee"

0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor

Andrew,

Made your edit, and relocated to ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support

and will link to the My Esri​ where user portal "gotchas" like this live.

Stuart

0 Kudos
AndrewZolnai
New Contributor III

Thank you on both counts!

Sent from Samsung Smartphone

0 Kudos