WAB refused to connect

05-24-2016 02:11 PM
RamS1
by
New Contributor

I am using local WAB on my machine. I am getting "machine name refused to connect". I have verified I am using correct App ID in Server\Config.json file. It starts working when I run startup.bat file again. It used to work until I keep my browser now it is coming after few minutes.

Do I require to add my organization proxy under server/proxy.js?

your help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you haven't done so already, you may want to read thru Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder - Developer Edition Installed making sure you follow all the steps on the AGOL side.  There are links to other resources and install guides on that page too.

I know for my machine, I've always need to run thru the startup.bat 2x.  First time it never does anything, but I believe it does start up the node.js.  I close the window and run it again and it fires up.  jsut an fyi.

0 Kudos
RamS1
by
New Contributor

Thanks Rebecca for your response.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramy,

I have verified I am using correct App ID in Server\Config.json file

Are you saying that you have added the appId to specific apps config.json (i.e. [intsall dir]\server\apps\[app#]\config.json)?

Or are you talking about the [intsall dir]\server\signininfo.json?

Have you tried to delete the [intsall dir]\server\signininfo.json?

I have never seen the "machine name refused to connect" error can you share a screenshot?

RamS1
by
New Contributor

Thanks Rob for your response. .Please see screenshot below. I am using Google Chrome Version 50.0.2661.102m. I am getting same message on IE11, Firefox browsers. I am using Windows 7 64 bit OS. I have deleted server\signinfo.json file and this error is persistent.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramy,

When you run the startup.bat it opens a command prompt window.

1. You are not closing that window are you?
  2. What happen when you use http://localhost:3344/webappbuilder
0 Kudos