UC planner hangs

05-24-2016 10:01 AM
Labels (1)
TychoGranville
Occasional Contributor II

.Anyone else having this issue? I was (barely) able to create my custom schedule, but I can’t pull up the “my schedule” at all. I’ve tried Firefox, Chrome, and IE with no luck. I remember I remember there being issues with it the last time I went to the conference as well (2014) there being issues with it in 2014 as well (last time I went to the UC

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Tycho,

It might be a good idea to move this thread to the User Conference​ space.

Tagging Karen Richardson​​

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

moved

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tycho,

I went to take a look at the detailed agenda and if I didn't log in, it seems to work.  If I wanted to log in so I could customize, I saw a popup...

Did you see this?  I'm not sure what it does when I clicked "NO THANKS" but it seems to crank for a while....and I'm not sure why it would still say "authenticating" when I said no, but it does seem to hang then, and not show any of the details.  Is that what you were seeing?

User Conference Does the agenda really need my ArcGIS Online account access??

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Rebecca,

I'm guessing that logging into your AGOL Account is only for wanting to save your personal agenda. Otherwise, you do not need to be logged in.

Like others have said, not being logged in let me browse it easily but being logged in hangs a little bit. However, after awhile, it seemed to act more smoothly (using Firefox). Maybe give it more time in order for it to be less laggy?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi Adrian, I understand logging in for access to my personal agenda, but logging into an AGOL account is misleading.

For me myUC = MyEsri = geonet     <> my AGOL accounts.  I purposely have a different AGOL account that the one I use for all else.  If it said login to MyUC account...that I can understand.  But since I am already logged in as that, it should not prompt me....iuf anything, it should be using the SSO mode, like the double login currently happening on geonet.  That's my opinion anyway.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Ah, I see what you're saying and I agree. I have different logins as well thus I have to use different browsers simultaneously. It's kind of a pain but I guess I got somewhat used to it? Sometimes I have to be careful to make sure I am not logged into the wrong account, etc.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

...and then there is the looping that goes on if you are trying to log into both on IE .

I'm hoping to catch the eye of one of the UC folks on here, but may need to contact them directly.  Not sure they are monitoring this site.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

When in doubt, flag Timothy Hales​ ! He seems to get things done around here and quickly! (I am not aware of too many UC folks's usernames or I would flag them too).

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I sent a message to customer service email...they will be able to pass it on.  Interesting enough, no feedback link on the detailed agenda page, but I'm sure they just don't want oo much feedback since it's probably still being updated.  Seems there are always small changes to the agenda and app until a couple weeks before the conference.  The Esri Events app (ios) hasn't been updated for the UC yet either....I suspect that will be coming soon (next week or so??) but that is only a guess.

0 Kudos