License manager 10.4 to authorize ArcMap 10.2 on another machine

Jump to solution
05-25-2016 02:05 PM
FCOAdmin
New Contributor II

I run 10.4 on one computer and want to keep 10.2 on another computer for some add-on functionality.  Can I use the 10.4 license manager to switch the license between computers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are running 10.4 concurrent-use license manager, yes that will work.  Our license manager 10.4 and authorized as 10.4, and we have users running 10.0 - 10.4.

You may want to move this question to ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support​  and if this answers your question, make sure to mark is as answered.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You had better check the help topic ArcGIS License Manager quick start guide—Quick Start Guides | ArcGIS for Desktop

carefully.

It says.... Existing ArcGIS 10.1 to 10.3.1 authorization numbers will work with ArcGIS 10.4.

but I don't want to be the one to lead you astray.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If you are running 10.4 concurrent-use license manager, yes that will work.  Our license manager 10.4 and authorized as 10.4, and we have users running 10.0 - 10.4.

You may want to move this question to ArcGIS for Desktop Installation support​  and if this answers your question, make sure to mark is as answered.

FCOAdmin
New Contributor II

Thank you all for your help.  We do have a concurrent license and it does work.

0 Kudos