Export (to any format) leaves out pieces of DEM

06-27-2016 10:25 AM
ChristopherVanderlip
New Contributor

I have a map comprised of three different sources of mosaiced DEM (two Lidar and one 1/3 arcsec float nationalmap DEM) which show up entirely intact in ArcMap (10.2.2), when I export to PDF at a DPI over 300 or even as a lossless TIF file, parts of the DEM drop out and are white. The vector graphics (line or area) are intact over the white space, just the DEM is not there. It does not affect one source of data exclusively, and the missing sections are not consistent from export to export. Also, in my elevation legend, one of the ticks for the elevation numbers comes through looking fatter than the other ticks... All of these are circled on the attached screen shot: ArcMap on left, PDF and zoomed in screenshot of PDF on right. Does anyone have any idea how to combat this? 200 dpi is not acceptable! Arcmap export problem screen 5.tif

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

There have been many references to pdf etc and printing issues and dpi raster.  Some of the version updates from 10.2 have mentioned them, and tracking them down specifically takes too long.  I have a change log list here The ...py... links  if you want to see if the issue has been fixed by version updates.  You have too many combinations of things in your layout and requirements to narrow down a one stop solution I think

0 Kudos
ChristopherVanderlip
New Contributor

Thanks for replying.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

since nothing helped in the GIS​ place, I will move it to a more target place Mapping

0 Kudos