Jumping map

07-11-2016 01:27 AM
MuhamedRedzic
New Contributor

Hello, i have a little problem with my Map on Android. The thing is, when i add a graphics layer the map start to jump when i move it with the finger. It's really strange. I don't know if it's maybe because i use the "developper use only" ??bugCarteArgGIS.jpg

here is a screenshot of what i mean. A black rectangle appears at th bottom of the screen and disappears. The map seems to be flickering because of this.

Thanks for your help

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Can you post your source code so we can take a look at this?

I assume you are on version 10.2.8?

0 Kudos
EdL
by
New Contributor II

I am experiencing a similar issue where on map panning, the map will flicker between the above screenshot 1 & 2.

The devices I tested on were running android 5.1, 6.0.1 and 7.0. Only OS 7.0, nougat, does NOT have this issue.

Using runtime SDK for android v100.1.0.0.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

Which device make and model are you using?

Which basemap are you using?

Can you reproduce with just a mapview and a map?  (meaning simplest reproducible case)

0 Kudos
EdL
by
New Contributor II

Q: Which device make and model are you using?

Huawei: OS 5.1

Samsung S6: OS 6.0.1

Which basemap are you using?

OpenStreetMap, Arcgis tiled layer

Can you reproduce with just a mapview and a map?  (meaning simplest reproducible case)

Nope. Only with a navigation menu.

My findings:

I have found the root cause in my solution.

I have managed to pinpoint the cause to the use of Xamarin support libraries, version 23.1.1.0. I am building to support up to API 23 only. When using support libraries version 23.4.0.1 (latest libraries for API 23), the map is not flickering.

My app:

Using ver 23.1.1.0, when building a simplest possible solution with only mapview, there is no flicker. It is only when I integrate the map with a navigation menu/drawer that the flicker is happening.

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

This is more closely related to .NET than Android runtime.  It may be better to post this in the .NET Runtime thread than the Android Runtime thread.