ArcGIS Maps for Office not updating published layer?

07-14-2016 10:43 AM
CoreyRichardson1
New Contributor

I am working with ArcGIS Maps for Office 4.0 32-bit. I having diffculity publishing changes to an excel spreadsheet. Changes are not being reflected upon updating the layer. I currently have Office 2016 installed. I have two worksheets within my Excel document and one of those worksheets is a table from which the data is being published. Data validation is also included in the worksheet. If necessary, I can provide the worksheet in order to troubleshoot. Thanks for your help! - Corey

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CoreyRichardson1
New Contributor

Here is a little more information: one worksheet is an 'EDIT' worksheet. The other is a 'PUBLISH' worksheet. The EDIT worksheet handles the changes being made. All cells in the PUBLISH worksheet have a cell reference to the EDIT worksheet. The only difference between the two worksheets is that the PUBLISH worksheet has several columns removed (so that once published, it doesn't show all columns that the EDIT sheet does) and the PUBLISH sheet is a Table in order to be recognized by Maps for Office. When initially sharing/creating the layer to ArcGIS Online, all data carries over. However, the problem exists when updating the worksheet with new values and then updating the layer, the changes are not being reflected. I have signed out on both ends (Excel - ArcGIS Maps for Office & ArcGIS Online) and singed back in to see if that was needed, but to no avail. Also, I tried building this back up from scratch, removed all data validation, and pasting data just as 'Values' but noticed the same results. The only time it has successfully incorporated the changes was with one worksheet.

0 Kudos
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III

Hola Corey,

In doing some research on this issue you are describing on our end, I was able to locate a logged bug within our system. I am including the bug information below and it's current status on this bug. If you would like to be able to track the bug's status, please log a support case and they can apply the case against the bug. You would then be able to track it's status, from within MyEsri within your organization. Gracias, Corey!

Esri Support Home 

BUG-000095620 - Newly added records to an existing table in ArcGIS Maps for Office do not update the hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online.
In Product Plan

Juan