Load Topology to a Parcel Fabric - Must Contain Features Error

07-14-2016 04:25 PM
Labels (1)
WalidAlmasri1
Occasional Contributor

*Update 6/15/2016*  Today I tried reloading the data.  Type6 went in without a hitch.  Type7 unfortunately failed again on my PC, so we tried loading the Type7Parcels in from another computer.  Instead of getting the error below, the tool finishes very quickly and comes up with empty data within ArcMap.  Below is a photo of where I'm at.  Currently trying to load the taxable parcel lines which will bound the lots.  See photo below.

Thanks

I've been working on migrating our parcels to the parcel fabric.  I've cleaned an a large test area, data has been cleaned and the topology has been verified.  The only two types I'm working in right now are Type6LotUnits and Type7TaxParcels.  Type6 data seems to load in just fine, Type7 does not.  I have 14,160 features in my layer and the error I'm getting is:

\USER\xxxx\Final Parcel Fabric\Staging_Geodatabase.gdb\Type7_TaxParcels\Type7Parcels" # # "0.1 Meters" UNJOINED_GROUP DEGREES_MINUTES_SECONDS QUADRANT_BEARING COMPUTE_AREA ACRES "0.5 Meters" 3_1908_TO_1980

Start Time: Thu Jul 14 16:17:50 2016

Verifying input topology dataset...

Validating input dataset coordinate system...

Importing topology.

Loading topology lines...

The source feature class must contain features.

Failed to execute (LoadTopologyToParcelFabric).

Failed at Thu Jul 14 16:17:57 2016 (Elapsed Time: 6.85 seconds)

I've reloaded the data several times within the dataset, but still no luck.  Any ideas?

lots.jpg

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WalidAlmasri
New Contributor II

Finally figured it out.

Using the staging database, type7arcs & type6arcs feature classes use the domain IrParcelLineCategory which has coded values 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6. Well, if you type this field as 7 (as it says you need to do), you will get the error noted above. It just happened to work fine with type6arcs because you type the field as 6, which is a coded value.

In addition, the domains do not show up when you add new fields unless your source data is in the same geodatabase as your staging data.