DRONE2MAP - 3D PDF

07-17-2016 11:44 AM
Maria_ElenaPezoa
Esri Contributor

Hola

Estoy usando drone2map y no puedo ver el .PDF 3d.

El archivo se crea pero al abrirlo queda en blanco. Estoy usando win10,.....alguna sugerencia para poder desplegar la información?,... algun lector PDF especial????

gracias

Maria

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Maria,

What PDF viewer are you using to view your files? Have you tried Adobe? (Not sure that is exactly what you might need).

Try looking at this link for viewing the 3D PDFs

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=93666da5cdc040a0947834ccd1ea1c7b

This may help solve your problem.

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I just tried to open the PDF provided at the link Adrian Welsh shared. If I open it in the browser it just shows a black screen, but when I save it to my hard drive and open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it shows after explicitly accepting the 3D content and activate it:

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Xander,

Did you try more than one browser or do any browser 'maintenance' (like clearing cache, etc.) to see if the problem is localized there? I'm just curious.

Though, I am seeing the same thing as you (a black screen). However, the instructions do indicate that you need to download the file:

The contents of the PDF can be viewed in 3D by downloading the file.
0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi Adrian Welsh ,

I just tried with one browser (Chrome) and I did not cleared the cache (and I don't want to at this point, because I have too much going on in my browser tabs). I did not notice the instruction about downloading the PDF to be able to view it. Will check again, when I have a moment.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Haha, I agree. Can't clear my cache either. I tried a couple of different browsers. I do not think it is intended to be opened in a browser.

XanderBakker

My thoughts exactly. It's better to download and activate the 3D content.

0 Kudos