Interface Change in ModelBuilder

07-16-2016 03:49 PM
ChrisKerbeck
New Contributor

Hi, I have a problem with the Editor-Interface after running a Model in ModelBuilder (ArcMap 10.4.1).

In the "Edit"-mode of ModelBuilder Parameter and Data have blue/ green boxes and the Tools have yellow boxes. This display doesn´t change after running Model via "Run" or "Run Entire Model" in the Editor-Interface. But if I run the Model with right click and "Open" or double-click the Model the diagram is changed after. There are no yellow boxes around the Tools in the "Edit"-mode and I can´t open the Tools with double-click.

What is the problem or is this normal?

Sorry for bad language

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

basics A quick tour of ModelBuilder—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

prefrred methods of running a model Running models—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

then running them while editing Running a model tool—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Then the parameters Creating model parameters—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

You might need to incorporate some screen grabs to illustrate what you mean

0 Kudos
ChrisKerbeck
New Contributor

The first picture shows a model in ModelBuilder with the "right" diagram. If I run this model with "Run" or "Run Entire Model" nothing Change.

1.tif

The second picture shows a model in editor-mode after running the model with *right click on model*, *Open*, *Ok*. There are no yellow boxes and I can´t open the tools with double-click.

2.tif

Where is the problem?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

well from the picture in this link with all the empty shapes Creating model parameters—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

it appears that you would not click on the tool (which is not filled in) but on the input leading into it should you want to change the input value.  Do note, it indicates where you can run the model from and it appears that where you want to run it from isn't one of the options.  Unfortunately, their discussion of editing models is someone limited, focusing mainly on broken links, which you don't appear to have.  It looks like all you inputs have default values, some of them were specified as model parameters an others are defaults.  if you want to change a tool's input so it is a parameter you can change then it has to be specified as such, as you have done in a couple of instances.

0 Kudos
JensMueller
New Contributor II

I've got a similar problem. After Upgrading from 10.3.1 to 10.4.1 the layout of my models is corrupt. The shapes of all tools changed to a layout similar to picture 2.tif. If I change 'Shape' in the 'Selected Node Properties' to something different and then back to 'Rounded Rectangle' everything works out fine.

But I don't want to do this for every tool in every model I build so far. 😞

0 Kudos
JensMueller
New Contributor II

After some further research I found this: Esri Support 10.4 (10.4.1)