Composite Locator Results

07-20-2016 02:43 PM
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Greetings,

I recently upgraded our ArcGIS Server to 10.4.1.  One of the side effects of this upgrade is that the results of Finding Address Candidates is that the results are no longer sorted by the match score.  The results now appear to be sorted by the specific locator in the composite, then the match score.

I have a custom Flex app that uses the results from a locate task to place points and it is expecting the best score in the list to be the first one.  This was working this way at 10.3.  Is there anyway to sort them by actual match score rather than the composite hierarchy and match score?

Thanks very much!

Regard,

Tom

0 Kudos
7 Replies
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

I ended up completely rebuilding the locators, composite locator and republished the composite locator as a geocoding service.  I can't say exactly what was happening that prevented it from functioning as it did on 10.3.  This, so far, is the only real hiccup I have had installing ArcGIS Server 10.4.1.

Tom

0 Kudos
JulieK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom,

Nice , you are 10.4 already:)

I am still on 10.2, I built a composite locator(uses two locators) and it works fine in most cases. The only issue I see is that when there is a 100% match, it returns candidates from both locators. Is that normal or is it something with the setting on my side. Any thoughts?

Appreciate your help,

Julie

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Julie,

Good to hear from you!  I hope you are doing well!

Yes, that is normal. My composite locator also returns results from both locators.  The values are returned by hierarchy listed in the composite.  In my case the composite searches building addresses first and then uses the street centerline second.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

tsellste Did rebuilding everything get the results to display in match order instead of locator within composite order?

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Chelsea,

They are still in composite hierarchy order, not score order.

It would be nice if there were a REST service option for setting the order as needed.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Bummer. Thanks though

There's an ArcGIS Idea out there to allow sorting by match score, hopefully more people searching for this topic can upvote it!

https://community.esri.com/ideas/10774 

0 Kudos
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Chelsea,

I have added my vote!

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos