cased line symbols in pro

07-25-2016 06:13 AM
DavidRobinson
New Contributor

There was a great blog series on Symbolizing roads with cased line symbols (part 1 of 3) | ArcGIS Blog -- Charlie Frye '07. Can you provide similar for pro. i.e. how do you display a multi-scale map with casement roads, dissolve segments that overlap (without modifying geometry) and place labels that scale as the map scale changes. The goal is a transportation vector tile cache similar to the vector basemaps (beta) - streets or navigation.

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

I have tried doing this also, similar to how it would be done in ArcMap.  The result was that each road segment was cased, and you could see that each segment was symbolized separately.  In ArcMap there was an option to join the road features, which I don't see in ArcGIS Pro.  I ended up abandoning cased roads for now, hoping that the feature would show up on future releases.

I haven't added cased roads to the ArcGIS Ideas board, but if you add it post the link and we can vote up the idea.

The scaled labels idea is on there already, so if you'd like to see this you can vote on it here:

https://community.esri.com/ideas/12259

0 Kudos
RachaelChasse
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

I think this post will help regarding cased roads. 

Symbol Level Drawing for Alternate Symbols

0 Kudos