GeoEvent Processor - send email when condition is met

07-25-2016 02:24 PM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

We have a 'send email' output connector set up and working.  However I would like for it to send an email specifically when a certain condition is met.

The geoevent service is simply getting paramedic units current location and status (available or not available) and symbolizing on status.  We would like to have the email fire off when the count of available units drops below a given threshold.

Not sure of the best processor to use here - any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks -

Allen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBramer
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Allen,

Are you still looking for help on this?

Mark

0 Kudos
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Mark -

We have a hack-y work around that does the job.   Using the output dataset for Units, I created a simple 2 column, 1 row table that has the count of available units and the most recent updated date/time stamp, with a definition query that says only show anything when the available count is < 5.  Using this as an input connector source in Geoevent, i just hooked it up to an email notification output in it's own, simple Geoevent service.  It's basically an on/off switch with the definition query.  Either it has a record, or it doesn't - if it does (indicating our condition is met), the email is sent.

This does the trick, but is pretty inelegant. 

Allen

0 Kudos