Drone2Map samples not processing — not yet answered

07-25-2016 11:52 AM
SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi—Have downloaded trial Drone2Map, and while trying out a few of the samples, once I click Start to process a sample, following the steps provided, the bottom status bar appears to be processing for a few seconds, and then it returns to "Ready   Completed.", showing 100% in the status bar, but no 2D Products and no 3D Products are added to the project as is stated in the sample instructions.  What am I missing, or is it still processing in the background?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
27 Replies
JacobHechter
New Contributor

Hi.  I have had the same problem using the samples provided by ESRI.  Everything processes but nothing is added to the map.

SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi Jacob, does Drone2Map actually produce datasets in your project folder for flight lines, image points, orthomosaic, etc? Or does the program just tell you the processing is complete?  My says it completes 100%, but this is after just seconds, and in truth, the datasets are either not populated or not produced.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Linked to this thread as well... Drone2map Samples Not Processing

GeraldLester
New Contributor

I am having the same issue also.  I have tried all of the ESRI provided data and some imagery that we acquired.  It processes and says its completed but none of the imagery shows.  The files are out there, I can bring them into ArcGIS and view them but they don't show in the Drone2map application.

SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi Gerald,

Thanks for your comment. When you say, the files are out there, are you actually able to get the image points, flight lines, ortho, etc?  When I run initialization and orthomosaic and DSM processes according to the tutorial using the provided Rapid tutorial data, the project folders get set up, but 2D and 3D folders are empty, and the GDB has empty datasets for flight lines and image points.  No data is created when I process it.

Thank you.

AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

We are actively working on this issue. Could you please check to see if you have the following installed on your machine?

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161

If you do not have this installed, please install and try to process the sample data again.

Thanks

Tony

SUSANMYERS
New Contributor III

Hi Tony,

Yes, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 is installed. See screen shot below.

Thank you very much,

Susan

SaraAmundson
New Contributor II

What is the next step after making sure this is installed? I have the same problem as above, and if I then try and process another set of pictures, or the same set, the processing goes right to completed. I have the trial and I need to know if this is something that could be proposed to the company I work for, but I need to be able to see results and be able to manipulate results. When the processing goes right to completed, I have to run a repair and then I can process another set of pictures before the same things happen once again. 

DonSolleder1
New Contributor III

I also experienced the same problem using new imagery taken from a DJI Phantom 4. It gets all the way to the end and says it is complete 100%. It does create a gdb with photo locations and flight path. The 2D folder is populated with a DSM that I can view in Arccatalog but it is NOT added to the Drone2Map project. No full mosaic orthophoto is created or added to project. If I attempt to view any products in windows they appear as a large blank (white) area surrounded by a black border. Also I do have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x64 9.0.30729.6161 installed. Any ideas??

0 Kudos