Can I nest Relevant Expressions based on answer to one or more previous select_one questions?

07-26-2016 10:53 AM
GregTune
New Contributor

Question one is a select_one type question for dwelling type with three answers (SFD, APT, MH)

Question two is also a select_one type question for damage classification with seven answers (Dest, Maj, Min, Aff, Inacc, NVD, Unk)

Question three is a select_multiple type question with pre-scripted damage descriptions. I want the correct pre-scripted list to show up in this question based on the selections to Questions one and two.

For example: If question one the selection is SFD and question two the selection is Maj then I want the correct list of pre-scripted choices (SFD + MAJ) to show up for Question three.

Is this possible?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MitchellProctor
Occasional Contributor II

What I think works for what you're talking about is to have several select multiple questions, each one only appearing based on the first question's answer, using relevant expressions. (i.e. one question for if you select SFD, one for APT, one for MH)

Then I would have each select one question be pulling from a cascading select, based on the answer to the second question. Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

To my knowledge there isn't a way to have a relevant expression call on two answers at the same time (although I haven't checked if relevant expressions support 'and' statements), but in your case it wouldn't be necessary, a cascading select would do the job very well. There's one in the sample surveys if you need to see it in action.

0 Kudos