Cascade: Page Up and Down buttons on keyboard results in map location shifting rather than scrolling up and down

Jump to solution
07-28-2016 07:07 AM
JessicaWynne
New Contributor

1. Create Cascade Story Map

2. Save

3. View Story

4. Scroll down page to view a featuring map using mouse scroll

5.Continue by pressing Page Down keyboard button whilst on map and the map moves in rather than the assumed scroll down.

I thought the expected Page Up and Down result would be for the Cascade Story Map to continue scrolling down and it does with the Up and Down buttons.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to report this. We are aware of this issue, and it will be fixed in the next release in September.

How has your experience been with Cascade otherwise?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to report this. We are aware of this issue, and it will be fixed in the next release in September.

How has your experience been with Cascade otherwise?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JessicaWynne
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

It’s not a button often used in my case but still not doing what it says on the tin. That’s good to know, thanks!

I’ve had a problem with one I’ve created being a bit jumpy. My story is 5 web maps that are broken up by titles but ultimately follow one another using the Immersive tool. Each Immersive media section has at least two Map location/content changes in each. Once I’ve run through the Story Map loading every single stage and then scroll back to the top (without refreshing the page) and run through again I find that every time I scroll onto a new web map section the final location or layer of that stage is still loaded until the text box reaches it’s the middle of the screen. Although the location and layers for the initial stage is set it loads what I assumed is the cached positioning and content from the initial run through.

If that doesn’t make sense I’m happy to share the Story in a group with you.

Many thanks,

Jess

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jess,

Yes, if you could share it with me that would be great. My account name is owen.storymaps.

Don't forget that you'll need to share the story as well as its maps and layers to the group so that I can see them (unless the maps/layers are already public).

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JessicaWynne
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

I have invited you in now.

Everything is public I believe.

Jess

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jess,

Yup, I see what you mean. We are aware of this issue and hope to have it fixed for the next release in September.

Thank you for taking the time to report this.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jess,

By the way -- great looking story!!

The cover image isn't loading for me, however. Are you trying to use an image you uploaded as an item in My Content? If so, be sure to make it public and use the URL that appears in the lower right of the item page (not a URL you copy from the browser address bar -- that will contain a token that may be invalid for others or expire). The correct URL for an image stored as an item in My Content will end with ".../data"

Alternatively, you can load images directly into your Cascade story by dropping them on the blue area of the Media Picker on the ArcGIS tab. The uploaded images will then be available in the This Story section of the ArcGIS tab.

2016-07-28 at 2.09.16 PM.JPG

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
JessicaWynne
New Contributor

Owen,

Thanks a lot for taking a look. Excited to see what comes out of the September release!!

I’m aware of the picture issue. It is public but will try those suggestions. Thanks!

Really appreciate your speedy replies.

Jess

0 Kudos