WAB Near Me Widget

07-28-2016 12:23 PM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I am trying to modify to the NearMe widget to select a polygon instead of a point. 

Basically I like the way the near me widget displays the information.

Is there another widget that displays information similarly? I do not need the buffer since I just want the user to select their taxlot and see all the zoning and overlay zones that intersect their taxlot.

I was wondering if I could select a taxlot and that taxlot would select all the polygons that touch it?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

At the July 2016 Release of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (and Web AppBuilder Developer Edition 2.1) we added a new option which will support your part of the workflow you mention, specifically showing the results of a polygon(s) within an address or set location. Buffer will not be displayed if polygons are the only feature type in the application.

The new parameter is call Return intersecting polygon(s) when this parameter is enabled all polygons returned are those that are intersected instead of buffering the polygon.

Near Me widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Lindsay,

This works mostly for me. I just have one or two other issues.

I have a raster.

A. It does not show up. Is it possible to get the widget to work with rasters?

B. My taxlot might be bigger then a location I select.

Ex: this taxlot can is half in half out of a polygon. The detailed review zone (2nd image) does not show up as being in the area.

I am not sure my customers would know to select in an area and not another.

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

In reference to "B".

Is the "Detailed Site Review Zone" the layer you are searching on in the first image?

If you are selecting within the polygon, and the return intersecting polygons is enable then it should appear in the list.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

No, I want to search based on the taxlots. I don't know how to make it use selected polygon to search instead of a point.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I guess another way you could look at it is, I want the buffer to be the dimensions of the taxlot.

I think doing that would be almost impossible. Thats why I want the selector to be the taxlot instead of the point.

0 Kudos