Is it possible to embed a Cascade Story Map in a website?

Jump to solution
07-29-2016 07:41 AM
AOMLCommunications
New Contributor

Would I just embed it using an iFrame tag as explained in one of the blog posts? And are there any examples of embedded cascade story maps so I could get an idea of what it might look like (couldn't find any in the gallery)? Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Erica,

Sure, you can do that. I would recommend that you have a large amount of space available to provide a good experience. If you don't then it may be best to have a screenshot in your page that has a link that opens the full-sized story in a new browser tab.

Also keep in mind if you do embed the live story that your main web page should be responsively designed because simply shrinking a page with an embedded story map will not provide a great experience as-is when viewed on a mobile device.

Here's an example of an embedded Cascade on the Bureau of Land Management's tubmlr feed:

My Public Lands Summer Roadtrip 2016

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Erica,

Sure, you can do that. I would recommend that you have a large amount of space available to provide a good experience. If you don't then it may be best to have a screenshot in your page that has a link that opens the full-sized story in a new browser tab.

Also keep in mind if you do embed the live story that your main web page should be responsively designed because simply shrinking a page with an embedded story map will not provide a great experience as-is when viewed on a mobile device.

Here's an example of an embedded Cascade on the Bureau of Land Management's tubmlr feed:

My Public Lands Summer Roadtrip 2016

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
AOMLCommunications
New Contributor

Thanks Owen! Going to try it out this afternoon.

0 Kudos