Problem with building height attribute

Jump to solution
07-30-2016 01:23 AM
DmytroZhyltsov
New Contributor

Hi,

I am an architect, and use the city engine 2015 for my arch project

to create a model of the city, I use http://www.openstreetmap.org/  to get osm file and export it in city engine.

to extrude buildings I use simple rule file gis_mapping_01.cga from city engine examples (pic1) and choose height attribute (pic2)

so I was able to create a model of Manhattan

but with London model it does not work: height attribute  dont give information about building height, Only a few building were extruded  (pic3)

I do not understand the code, so if anyone can help, I put a small project where there is this problem, you can make changes to the file to make it work

Thank you for your help
p.s. sorry for my english is not my native language

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

If you observer the right Panel showing Object Attributes, not all the shape files contains the attribute called "height". This is why some of the buildings that does not contain the attribute value "height" won't extrude

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

If you observer the right Panel showing Object Attributes, not all the shape files contains the attribute called "height". This is why some of the buildings that does not contain the attribute value "height" won't extrude

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Dmytro Zhyltsov,

if the "height" attribute is not present in the open street map data, it is a common practice to set it to a default value greater than zero in CGA. That way, the building gets extruded in any case.

0 Kudos