Problems connecting sql database

Jump to solution
08-09-2016 12:21 PM
EvelynHernandez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to connect to a SQL database and I have the following error:

sdehome.png

What is happening? my credentials for the sql server i tried it in another program and they work...

Thanks in advice!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EvelynHernandez

I solved my problem accessing the arcmap in admin mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

What is the flavor of your SQL databse?  Is it an enterprise (sde) geodatabase?  Is it a personal sde geodatabse (sql server express) or a non-spatial SQL server database?

The SDEHome reference is an indication that you are connecting to an enterprise or sde geodatabase: if that is the case, you do not want to use a database server connection, but rather a direct connect database connection: fill in the instance with the name of the machine or IP address, username/password and database name.

That should just about do it....
EvelynHernandez

I did that already using the ip and instance, but when i do that gives me that error.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Is this a remote database, that is on the other side of a fire wall? 

EvelynHernandez

Im not sure about it.

But for example, i just tried with my local administrator account from my computer to connect to that DB with arcmap and it worked.

If i tried with my domain acc i get the error that i showed u...

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Sounds like your domain account login isn't a valid login in the SQL database.  You need to find out if it is using windows authentication or database authentication and take the appropriate steps to get a correct login account.

EvelynHernandez

Im not trying to log in with my domain account, i have special credentials to do it.

I said, when i log in in windows with a local account and try the credentials i have i can connect to the DB.

After that, if i log in in my pc with my domain acc and try the credentials i cannot connect to the db.

Idk whats happening.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Idk whats happening.

​Me either.....

0 Kudos
EvelynHernandez

I solved my problem accessing the arcmap in admin mode.

0 Kudos