Is my organizational data visible outside my organization?

Jump to solution
08-12-2016 06:17 AM
WillLang
New Contributor II

Is my organizational data visible outside my organization? Meaning can outsiders see that the data is there, just not view it if I have it in a private sharing setting. I have clients that I need to make sure their data is not visible to anyone. From my take of the privacy settings, it seems that if you share to individuals or groups in your organization, that they would be the only ones who can view the data. Although someone told me that this might not be the case. That the data is visible outside your organization, meaning they can see that the data exists in the cloud, but they cant view it. Is this true?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi William,

This is not true.  If the data is not shared with 'Everyone' then that data will not be discoverable to anyone outside of your organization.  Even content in your organization will not be discoverable to your organization users unless it is shared to a Group or to 'My Organization'.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi William,

This is not true.  If the data is not shared with 'Everyone' then that data will not be discoverable to anyone outside of your organization.  Even content in your organization will not be discoverable to your organization users unless it is shared to a Group or to 'My Organization'.

WillLang
New Contributor II

Thanks Jake, that is what I thought and interpreted from the privacy setting instructions. When hearing otherwise I needed to clarify and check that I did not make my data discover-able in anyway on the cloud outside of my Group.

0 Kudos