Storymap with geotagged photos

Jump to solution
08-15-2016 05:28 PM
NoraWeisskopf
New Contributor

Hi Everyone, I am completely new to ARCGIS and am trying to find a nice solution for the following:

I am trying to create a publicly accessible (and preferably free) map that displays information on a number of civl works contracts in a project (e.g. name of contractor, amount, contract signature date) etc and next to it a map with geotagged photos that document the work (e.g, picture of new road segment or new equipment purchased). I really like StoryMaps multiple layers with tabs but for some reason I cannot add the geotagged photos to the map corresponding to each contract. Would anyone know how to do this? Or is there a much better solution out there for what I am looking for? Thank you very much for any help!

- Nora

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

GIS PSBA -- the Crowdsource beta will support geotags in the next release in mid-September.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PeterTQFES
Occasional Contributor

The Crowdsourced Beta doesn't seem to use the geotag off your uploaded photos either. Maybe it's not possible???

Peter T, Brisbane
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

GIS PSBA -- the Crowdsource beta will support geotags in the next release in mid-September.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nora,

Welcome to the Story Maps community!

Sounds like the best app for you might be a Map Tour, so I would start there. Map Tour presents a bit of info about a place along with a photo and its location on a map. It will read geotags from your photos. You can upload your photos right to the map tour or put them on Flickr first and point to them from your map tour. Check out the link below to learn more and to build one.

Story Map Tour | Story Maps 

Give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
OlivierLarouche
New Contributor

Is there an option to only import the geotagged photo to an other map than the Map tour with the free version.
And then i want to add some fields...

0 Kudos