What's up with the beta data download .shp error?

08-18-2016 08:34 AM
deleted-user-TsxHQFACbo34
New Contributor II

I'm just noticing a strange behavior with my Open Data Beta site..when I try to download one of my own, or another organization's dataset as a shapefile, the page redirects to a black screen with one of the following errors: "{"processingTime":"0 seconds","status":"Failed","error":{"message":"Export process failed","code":500,"timestamp":"2016-08-02T13:24:47.534Z"}}"

{"processingTime":"0 seconds","status":"Processing","count":15,"generating":{"zip":"queued"}}

Ultimately I can still reach my data using the browser's back button and opening the My Data panel (then click Download Ready), but the site has been behaving this way for a few weeks now.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Nicole, 

Apologies for missing this earlier. Are you still experiencing this issue? Can you please report a URL to a dataset where you observe it happening? 

http://opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/64fce30b7e52499eba3e773ce5ca2e5a_1  is downloading properly for me at this time. 

The responses that you are seeing are the JSON responses that happen in the background as your download is being prepared. They shouldn't be surfaced in the browser when clicking `Download` in the open data site. 

Courtney

0 Kudos
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Thanks Nicole, I'll investigate! 

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Nicole, 

Can you please try resetting the download cache for this dataset? This button in the Data Manager: 

It will spin for a while. Try downloading again a few minutes after you reset the download. Let me know if that works. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

While it spins, here's a warning for that particular dataset (although the issue has occurred with any of them that I've tried):  

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Thanks. Digging into this more I don't think this route will work. We've identified a bug around this issue and are working to fix it. 

Thanks for your patience and thanks for reporting here! 

0 Kudos