Predefined stops on the way

Jump to solution
08-18-2016 02:44 PM
JanaPfefferova
New Contributor

Hi, I'm about to start my first project with Navigator. I actually want to use Workforce with the Survey123 and Navigator combo. 

What I need to build is the navigation on our network where on the way to the destination the driver will be notified any time he is close (or pass)  certain locations (signs or other points of interest). So the destination will be add from Workforce. Is the solution to build the network with the stops? But how can I set that the driver will be notify?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Jana,

Currently in the released software, Workforce is able to pass a single location of an assignment to Navigator and Navigator will in turn generate a route based on this location from the user's current location. There is currently no way for Workforce or Survey123 to pass a series of stops to Navigator out of the box. With that being said, it is possible to build up a URL which has all the stops you want the driver to visit and use that URL to initiate Navigator with a route. If this is something you are interested in I would direct you to this repository for documentation and code samples: GitHub - Esri/navigator-integration: Multi Language repository that contains documentation and sampl... 

Hope this helps,

-Brent 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Jana,

Currently in the released software, Workforce is able to pass a single location of an assignment to Navigator and Navigator will in turn generate a route based on this location from the user's current location. There is currently no way for Workforce or Survey123 to pass a series of stops to Navigator out of the box. With that being said, it is possible to build up a URL which has all the stops you want the driver to visit and use that URL to initiate Navigator with a route. If this is something you are interested in I would direct you to this repository for documentation and code samples: GitHub - Esri/navigator-integration: Multi Language repository that contains documentation and sampl... 

Hope this helps,

-Brent