Source node WMX notification engine

Jump to solution
08-18-2016 12:59 AM
deleted-user-59NIbCq7H8Ve
New Contributor II

Hi,

My question is about the WMX notification engine, which uses SMTP.

For the configuration of the SMTP server I would like to know from where the SMTP request originates from.

This is important, because within the organisation are different SMTP servers. The availability depends on the network location.

From the Online Help I understand that the WMX desktop machine itself will contact the SMTP server in case a notification is triggered.

Workflow Manager system settings—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

However, a notification can also be sent from the WMX service on ArcGIS for Server (sendNotification REST operation). Will the ArcGIS Server node contact the SMTP server in that case?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

The SMTP originates from the client machine where the action happened. For example, if II create a job and have people subscribed to the JobCreated notification, it would appear to have been sent from my machine when you look at the SMTP server.

From the WMX service, it will be the server machine that will be the source of the email notification.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tope

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TopeBello
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

The SMTP originates from the client machine where the action happened. For example, if II create a job and have people subscribed to the JobCreated notification, it would appear to have been sent from my machine when you look at the SMTP server.

From the WMX service, it will be the server machine that will be the source of the email notification.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tope