Dual address ranges, dual street names and the LGIM

08-19-2016 07:03 AM
PeterSchoenfield
New Contributor III

Hello Addressers,

We would like to move our editing into the LGIM and use the Address Data Management template but I am struggling with how to handle the complexity that is addressing in Illinois. In a nutshell, we have one block of a street that has multiple renditions of the name. Below are a few screen shots. One side of the street is incorporated and uses a full name of "S Milwaukee Ave" while the other side is unincorporated and uses a full name of "N Milwaukee Ave". As you can see from the screen shots, the address ranges vary widely too in addition to the pre-direction. I'm struggling to figure out how to use the LGIM template to model this situation. And, to make matters worse, this road is also known as "IL Route 21" so I would also want a centerline geocoder to be able to equally geocode "210 S Milwaukee Ave" or "210 S IL Route 21" or "24831 N Millwaukee Ave" or "24831 N IL Route 21". I don't see any allotment in the LGIM template for alternate address ranges or alternate prefix directions on the same centerline. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to handle this situation (of which there are MANY in Lake County, Illinois)? At present we have a script that physically copies the arc in place and gives it new attributes.

Thanks all!

Peter Schoenfield

GIS Analyst

Lake County, Illinois GIS Division

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

In a similar situation myself (see https://community.esri.com/thread/181289).

For Street name and alternate name situation, I'm just going to augment the LGIM with the attributes I need, including a JoinID item.  I'm happy to say I've not had to deal with the differing ranges issue, but here is a shout out to sbritt-esristaff‌ ;  perhaps she can shed some light.

That should just about do it....
PeterSchoenfield
New Contributor III

I too noticed the lack of individual fields for the different components and would encourage Esri to add them to the LGIM. We use a field called PERM_ID which is permanent for the life of the arc. The PERM_ID number is retired when the arc gets split. I have been thinking about doing a join too on our PERM_ID field with a separate table that contains the different ranges and names. Still, the LGIM only has room for one main street name on the master record.

0 Kudos