Server Architecture for 3D Application ...?

08-20-2016 11:12 PM
JawadhHabeeb1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am looking for a complete Architecture to support my 3D application on the Web.

Currently my GeoDataBase and the arcgis server are in two different Server Machines... is there a better architecture  to make my loading of my 3D webScenes faster ...?

Currently the scenes are displayed for 15 -20 engineers on the site and it is been expected to be exposed to public for tourism, route planning etc.... we are planning for a future upgrade and I do expect it to be get atleast 2000000 requests per day ... what all upgrades are necessary on the server side ... please let me know the hardware specifications also ...? 

cheers,

Jawadh

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jawadh,

You will need to deploy ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 or higher, with a "Web GIS" deployment - this means you will also need to deploy Portal for ArcGIS with a hosting server (e.g., a federated Server site and the ArcGIS Data Store). Having this deployment will enable you to publish scene services, which support 3D data.

Scene services—Documentation | ArcGIS for Server 
(please see prerequisites section)

To learn more about how ArcGIS Server works with Portal for ArcGIS,

About using your portal with ArcGIS Server—Portal for ArcGIS (10.4.1) | ArcGIS for Server 
(please see the section on designating a hosting server)

There's also an Esri whitepaper resource: http://www.esri.com/library/whitepapers/pdfs/publishing-hosted-3d-feature-layers.pdf 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos