Unable to download UK base mapping within Navigator using Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Jump to solution
08-26-2016 02:33 AM
ColinBourne1
New Contributor II

I can select the base map fine, then when I click download I get booted back to the original start up page.

I've got plenty of storage space available, so it's not a problem with that.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Colin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Colin,

Just to clarify, by "original start up page", do you mean the Maps page you're brought to upon signing in? Because if so, it sounds like you are experiencing a known issue that we will be implementing a fix for in Beta 3.

On some tablets, and certain workflows, the bug can be exposed resulting in various behavior. I tested a Samsung galaxy tablet 4 and was able to reproduce the bug. In this case, the user is returned to the Maps page after initiating a Map download. Unlike normally, the Map selected for download does not show up on the Maps page. If this is what you're experiencing, the only option to get the map on the device is to side-load the map from your computer until Beta 3 is released.

If you haven't done this before, here are the steps to sideload: 

• Download United Kingdom from your ArcGIS Online to your desktop
    • Hint: Search for... United Kingdom type:"Mobile Map Package"
    • Enable desktop content on the left side if nothing shows up
  • Copy the mmpk file to the ArcGIS->mmpks directory on your tablet

Best,

Joel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Colin,

Just to clarify, by "original start up page", do you mean the Maps page you're brought to upon signing in? Because if so, it sounds like you are experiencing a known issue that we will be implementing a fix for in Beta 3.

On some tablets, and certain workflows, the bug can be exposed resulting in various behavior. I tested a Samsung galaxy tablet 4 and was able to reproduce the bug. In this case, the user is returned to the Maps page after initiating a Map download. Unlike normally, the Map selected for download does not show up on the Maps page. If this is what you're experiencing, the only option to get the map on the device is to side-load the map from your computer until Beta 3 is released.

If you haven't done this before, here are the steps to sideload: 

• Download United Kingdom from your ArcGIS Online to your desktop
    • Hint: Search for... United Kingdom type:"Mobile Map Package"
    • Enable desktop content on the left side if nothing shows up
  • Copy the mmpk file to the ArcGIS->mmpks directory on your tablet

Best,

Joel

ColinBourne1
New Contributor II

Thanks Joel,

That's worked perfectly.

Regards