How to bypass log-in for application on server?

Jump to solution
08-26-2016 09:14 AM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

I have an application created in ArcGIS Online and have registered the app.  I have it hosted on one of our web servers and can access the index file in a browser.  When I do, it asks for credentials.  The application is only shared with our organization.  We need to be able to share the application with anyone on our network (regardless of having an account or not), without making the application public in ArcGIS Online.  Can I some how store my credentials so that if anyone on our network goes to the URL for the index file, they won't be prompted for credentials?

Thank you for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicholas,

You should be able to setup a proxy with allowedReferers defined for your network only.

GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy: Proxy files for DotNet, Java and PHP. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicholas,

You should be able to setup a proxy with allowedReferers defined for your network only.

GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy: Proxy files for DotNet, Java and PHP. 

ISP_graynic

Thanks Robert.  In this case, would the allowedReferer actually be our network domain, or the web server name?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

your fully qualified domain name.

ISP_graynic

Can an IP address be set up in the proxy (instead of a fqdn), so that anyone trying to access the application from a certain IP address is able to bypass the log-in?  

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have never tried that.

0 Kudos