Help with error : Sorry, Map Tour loading failed

08-26-2016 12:41 AM
MarkBrown7
New Contributor

I was editing as usual in builder mode. I saved then closed the window, but when I opened it again to view the story map I receive the following error: Sorry, Map Tour loading failed

I can view the story map outline in my-stories (http://storymaps.arcgis.com/en/my-stories/) but can only see slide titles and images. I get the same error when I try to edit or view the application.

Our Story Map is an active live state-wide project with 80 slides, so we are highly concerned.

Can anyone suggest a possible solution?

Greatly appreciated,

Mark

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mark, sorry about your issue, that should of course not happen. 

If you can share the story publicly it's likely I would be able to diagnose.

If you can't, I may be able to diagnose if you can paste a copy of the developer console but I can't guarantee (see Using the browser console | WickedlySmart ). If you are an Esri customer, I recommend you contact Esri support that will be able to assist you (see Esri Support Home).

0 Kudos
MarkBrown7
New Contributor

Hi ,

Thank you for replying.

The "Map Tour failed to load" error occurs when you try to view the map. I cannot access the map for view or edit.

so unfortunately I cannot share it with you.

I will have a look at the developer console to see if it is helpful.

I know the link being called is not correct because I can see the json entry is very different to my other story maps.

I am waiting for ESRI support.

I think the story map must still exist because I can view the slide title and resources in mystories, so I just need to reset the link to the location where mystores is accessing that information. Unfortunately I cannot view or edit from mystories either. 

Cheers

Mark

0 Kudos