Relevant Field Not Working For All Fields

08-26-2016 05:10 AM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi!  I have created a survey for manhole inspections that I open from collector.  The manhole ID is passed from collector and I set a number of default values so that if nothing is wrong with the manhole, the user only has to submit the survey results.  The first image is how the form opens.  If there is something wrong with the manhole, I use the relevant property to make the condition assessment fields appear. The second image shows the survey if the user selects No to answer "Is this a routine inspection?" 

It works as expected when I test it from my desktop.  However, when I do this from an IPad, the relevant property only works for a couple of the fields.  Below you do not see "Is there evidence of infiltration and inflow", "Cover Condition", "Frame Condition" or "Riser Condition" questions, as expected.  However, the Steps, Corbel, Walls, Table, Invert
Condition fields and Rehab field do display, not expected.  I have used this expression to control this:  ${RoutineInspection}=0.  This was done for all condition assessment fields.

If I click no for Is this a Routine Inspection, the hidden fields do appear.  Why is the only working for some fields but not others?  Is it related to the problem this user experience here:  https://community.esri.com/thread/171845?q=Relevant?  I have attached the excel sheet used to build the form. 

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Jim. Thanks for the thorough description of the issue and including your Excel file. Indeed, this issue is the same you reference above. The good news is that we have a fix for the problem which we plan to make available this coming week. Please stay tuned as we will announce the availability of the 1.7 update (which includes the fix) very soon.

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue is now resolved with Survey123 version 1.7

More details here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2016/09/01/international-day-against-nuclear-tests-... 

0 Kudos
TonyViveiros1
Occasional Contributor

I'm having a similar issue with relevant not working using Survey123 Connect version 1.9.24.  The user is asked to select an average log diameter (6cm, 8cm, etc.) and the number of these logs using a spinner. Depending on the diameter selected & logs entered, different wood volumes should be calculated.  However, as the image below illustrates, the total volume calculation is incorrect and includes the calculations for diameters that were not selected.  In other words, the relevant component of the survey appears to have no impact.  As well, I was wondering why the total void volume calculation result is a concatenation of values, rather than an addition.  I have attached the survey.  Thanks.

Relevant and calculation issue  

0 Kudos