A Problem Creating an Enterprise Geodatabase

08-29-2016 09:45 AM
Mohammad_Qusay_Dabussi
New Contributor

i want to create enterprise geodatabase using sql server i already have oracle platform but i choose not to use it because sql seems much lighter  ......the problem is it seems that the sqlserver are not connected or cannot be accessed by arcserver .....because the sde user is not on the log in of any database in oracle second of all when i tray to creat a geodatabase it give me the following 

Note :

Arcserver 10.2.2 

arcmap 10.2.2

Sql server 2014 Enterprise

all 64 bit  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

It looks like you are not able to access sqlserver "hassasvr" from this client box using sa user. can you please try to connect to this sqlserver from this Arccatalog using the same parameter as on screen capture 1. Also check the spelling of sql server name.

0 Kudos
Mohammad_Qusay_Dabussi
New Contributor

i found the issue that i should write the whole sqlserver instance ..ex AHCEC-gis-H\hassasvr

BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Also send or copy the content of sde log and setup log file. We can find more information from those files.

0 Kudos
QuinnFrancis
New Contributor III

From the screen capture it looks like you're putting the incorrect SQL Server instance name into the 'Instance' parameter of the tool. You'll need to put the fully qualified name (AHCEC-GIS-H\HASSASRVR) in order to access the SQL Server instance

Quinn