Global Goals for Sustainable Development

08-28-2016 11:47 AM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

In September 2015, world leaders committed to the Global Goals for Sustainable Development: 17 goals through which to achieve 3 big things by 2030. All are subjects for which GIS can play a role, and all are relevant at any point during the school year. Many of these same ideas are also seen in the Esri 2016 User Conference opening video.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamTarpai
New Contributor III

As 2022 begins, I wanted to respond to this 'aged' post because so much is happening related to the SDGs, and ESRI's efforts to bring onboard new players to engage in achieving SDG success stories needs to be recognized and complemented.  

OK, I'm biased as Charlie and his team helped me get better oriented to mapping and spatial analysis tools.  20 hours + spent in 'coffee hour learning sessions' was excellent foundation.  Recently, I completed 11+ hours of American Red Cross mapping training (which ESRI was a partner), and took part in the MLK Day Mapping exercise with Red Cross youth and young professionals involved in DRR activities.   I'm currently collaborating with Rotary Clubs of District 5330 colleagues (from around  a 2 county region of the Inland Empire) on Human Trackking sensitivity training.  I'm trying to describe the importance of the SDG challenges, not only globally, but  in the US as well, AND encourage members of this platform community to get involved.  

0 Kudos