IWeb App builder not working

Jump to solution
08-29-2016 08:08 PM
Dave_J_Zhang
New Contributor

I just download the web app builder 2.1, after extract to a folder, I tried to double click startup.bat, the application opens a dos winder and stay there for ever. Could anyone help me out, what is go wrong here? Thank you for whoever replies. see the picture below.

Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

it looks like you are providing the appId for your actual WAB application on AGOL. This is Not what the instructions in the help document instruct you to do. You need to carefully follow the instructions step by step.

Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

View solution in original post

15 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

There are some situations where WAB does not pull up the browser automatically from the startup.bat. You can open your browser and type this url in the browsers address bar and see if WAB dev comes up.

http://localhost:3344/webappbuilder/ 

Dave_J_Zhang
New Contributor

Hi, Robert

Thank you for your responding, I try your suggestion and I successfully logged into my account at the beginning it ask for url and appid I tried to enter app id I created on ArcGIS online it always give me error, then I create through share As and make real web app with template select, and try to enter the new app id, and now it end up with there is no longer has place to enter app id, just a textbox for url and a continue button, when I enter url and click continue button and I got the same error like before, said, invalid client id error 400

see the attached screen shot. What I did wrong here, please help.

Dave

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

If you have entered a incorrect AppId when you first had a chance to do so then you can simply delete the signininfo.json Go to your [install dir]\server\ folder and delete the signininfo.json and restart your WAB.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave, not sure if you were able to resolve this yet with Robert's suggestions, but if not..

But, give my first suggestion above a shot first.

Dave_J_Zhang
New Contributor

Thank you guys to help, I tried all the above, still got same problem, Robert sugguested delete the signinfo.json it is helpful, and does let me to re-enter the appid in the sign in page of web app builder, I assume the app id is the webapp id I created in my arcgis online account, but I still get the

"

Invalid client_id

Error: 400
"

I saw related post said start node.js, but I don't know how to start node.js. My machine is 64 bit, I double click node_x86, and run start up batch file. and type webappbuilder address. Did I do the right step?

Dave

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

node_x64.exe is for 64 bit machines but you should not have to manually start node as the startup.bat does this for you. The invalid client_id points to an inproperly registered app. You should review this page on registering your app to allow WAB access to your portal:

Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

I told you to use localhost in the Url address to get WAB running, but using your actual machine name would be better and use the same machine name (i.e. http://[yourmachinename].:3344/webappbuilder) when you register the app using the instructions in the above link.

0 Kudos
Dave_J_Zhang
New Contributor

Thank you Robert, you mentioned the  client_id points to the improperly registered app. my app was created in a trial account, I assume during the trial period, it should be same as enterprise account, I follow the steps in web to shared the map as app. Will this account not working with the webAppBuilder? Thank you for you time.

Dave  

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dave,

Are you saying that you had a trial account that now upgraded to an enterprise account? 

0 Kudos
Dave_J_Zhang
New Contributor

No, I am still using trial account, is this a problem? I don't have enterprise account at this moment.

Dave

0 Kudos